In order to make FEDECRAIL more member-oriented, the European federation has started to hold web meetings with the national federations to discuss important issues. At these virtual meetings, representatives of FEDECRAIL members are invited to raise those issues that are of particular importance to their organisation. So far the following topics have been discussed:
• The introduction of ERMTS for locomotives operating on main lines.
• The application of EU directives at national level.
• The impact of the Green Deal on the operation of heritage trains and trams.
• The introduction and use of contemporary communication methods.
• The difficulties in obtaining consent to operate heritage trains on disused railway lines.
• The legislation relating to the design, construction and testing of boilers for railway operation.
The series of exchanges and sharing of ideas will continue. In addition, a platform could be developed where members can exchange ideas among themselves on topics of mutual interest and concern without having to involve members of the Board.