International Conferences of FEDECRAIL
Each year FEDECRAIL organises an international conference on subjects important to heritage railways and railway museums and to foster mutual contacts and cooperation between its members. These conferences are targeted mainly at persons playing an active role in museum and tourist railways, railway museums, locomotive and rolling stock groups, national federations and other railway heritage bodies. Others with broader interests in railway heritage are also welcome to attend.
This year's conference has unfortunately to be cancelled due to the Corona crisis. We are looking at venues for the 2022 conference.
- Who should take part in this Conference? - We warmly welcome participation by anyone who has an active role in the management and/or running of heritage railways and tramways, rail museums and rail and tram heritage organisations. The business programme is targeted at addressing subjects of interest to those playing such active roles.
- Partners are also very welcome to join us for the parallel Partners Programme and the general programme of visits following the business sessions.
- Our core participants are voting delegates for Fedecrail member organisations, our team of Council Members and support officers and our existing ‘Friends of Fedecrail’. Conference fees for individual participants will include a 'Friends of Fedecrail' annual membership subscription.
- Insurance - As always, you are advised to take out appropriate travel insurance to cover your travel and accommodation and your participation in both the conference and related activities. EU citizens should also bring their EHIC health card. You should be aware that some years ago a reimbursement claim was refused to a participant by an insurer as the insurance company maintained that the conference constituted a “Business Activity” rather than a “Holiday” that would have been covered by their holiday travel insurance.
- Programme subject to change without notice.
FEDECRAIL's previous conferences are listed below. If available electronically, the conference papers will be made available for general download at the earliest one year after the conference. FEDECRAIL members and conference participants will receive the papers as soon as they are available.
To read the documents requires an Acrobat Reader software on the computer. This may be downloaded here free of charge.